1. Sacramento Skyline, Sacramento, CA
I was hired to make a time lapse movie of sunset over Sacramento. While one camera was
recording the images for the time lapse I shot a few versions of this panorama as the sun was going
Made of 9 vertical images stitched together in Photomerge in Photoshop.
.6 sec; f/7.1; ISO 200; 24mm
2. While walking my kayak back from the river, I spotted these magnolias in the fog on one
of my neighbors trees!
1/10 sec; f/22; ISO 100; 220mm
3. Sunrise, American River, Sacramento, CA. One of many beautiful mornings I get to
experience when I go out kayaking!
Made from 9 vertical images stitched together in Photoshop.
1/200 sec; f/5; ISO 500; 45mm
4. Cormorants at sunrise, Wakodahatchee Wetlands, Delray Beach, FL. I love working the
backight of sunrise at this location!
1/2500 sec; f/6.3; ISO 160; 500mm lens plus 1.4x extender
5. Aerial of trees and water, American River, Sacramento, CA
Taken from my DJI Phantom 2 quadcopter with a GoPro Hero 3+ Black Edition camera
1/125 sec; f/2.8; ISO 136; 2.8mm
6. Common Merganser and chicks, American River, Sacramento, CA Finding the chicks riding
the mom's back was one of my favorite things to see in the spring!
1/500 sec; f/7.1; ISO 320; 275mm
7. Sunset, American River, Sacramento, CA - I usually go out photographing at sunrise, but I
could tell this was going to be a great sunset, so I grabbed the kayak and went out. This was
the highest the water had been in a while and I was able to easily go to a location that I usually
do not get to. It was the right decision!
1/25 sec; f/7.1; ISO 640; 24mm
8. Cowgirl, Blue Moon Rodeo, Columbia Falls, MT. I really enjoyed panning with the riders at
the rodeo. I did some "extra" processing on this one with Topaz Adjust to add the gritty feel.
1/160 sec; f/7.1; ISO 1250; 135mm
9. My Kayak, Sunrise, American River, Sacramento, CA. One of the reasons I get up so
early to go kayaking!
Made from 3 images taken two stops apart and merged with HDRSoft Merge to 32 bit plug in for
Lightroom - f/14; ISO 400; 24mm
10. Sow and Cub, Coastal Brown Bears, Lake Clark National Park, AK - Seeing scenes like this
is one reason I keep leading my tour to Lake Clark every summer!
1/400 sec; f/16; ISO 800; 329mm
11. Aztec Dancing, Southside Park, Sacramento, CA. I was always intriqued with Ernst Haas' color
in motion images, so I thought I would give it a try!
1/10 sec; f/22; ISO 100; 75mm
12. River Otter, American River, Sacramento, CA. The otters are my favorite creatures on the river!
1/640 sec; f/8; ISO 1000; 552mm
13. Great Blue Heron, American River, Sacramento, CA. I spotted this heron in front of the glowing
grass 75 yards up river and paddled as fast as I could to get there in time to make this image!
1/500 sec; f/11; ISO 640; 483mm
14. River Otter, American River, Sacramento, CA. I can never resist an otter, especially in great light!
1/250 sec; f/10; ISO 1600; 600mm
15. Palm Frond, Sacramento, CA. I was trying out my new macro lens in the backyard!
1/50 sec; f/13; ISO 1000; 180mm
16. Great Egret, American River, Sacramento, CA. Everytime I see a Great Egret like that I am
reminded of my friend Deb Sandidge's eloquent black and white image of this bird and I try
to do as well as she did. I haven't succeeded yet!
1/400 sec; f/9; ISO 200; 600mm
17.Golden Gate Bridge from Fort Baker. Taken on one of my "San Francisco Night" photo tours.
30 sec; f/9; ISO 400; 32mm
18. Black Bear, South Lake Tahoe, CA. It was fun to see black bears fishing for salmon!
1/640 sec; f/5.0; ISO 8000; 173mm
19. Jeep Trail, Ranthambore Tiger Preserve India. Just one of the great sights of India!
1/30 sec; f/13; ISO 1600; 35mm
20. Women bathing in the Ganga River, Varanasi, India. Watching the people experience the
Ganga River is one of the most fascinating things I have ever seen!
1/250 sec; f/11; ISO 1250; 329mm
21. A Log Full of Otters, American River, Sacramento, CA. Otters! What more needs to be said?
1/500 sec; f/6.3; ISO 800; 350mm
22. Waterdrops on leaf, Sacramento, CA. We had a rain so I decided to play with the macro lens. I
loved the little tiny snail on the stem. I didn't see it until I processed the image!
1/5 sec; f/32; ISO 500; 180mm
23. Canada Goose Bathing, American River, Sacramento, CA. I spotted this goose splashing in the
water from about 50 yards downstream, so I hurried over to put myself in position to get the
back lighting with the dark shadow and took whole lot of pictures!
1/640 sec; f/16; ISO 5000; 600mm
24. Sunrise in Fog, American River, Sacramento, CA. The foggy days of winter are my favorite!
Made of 7 vertial images stitched together in Photoshop. f/8; ISO 640; 24mm
25. Bear and iPhone. I just had too much fun doing this one!
I hope you enjoyed the images! Let me know.